Frequently Asked Questions


How do we know we need in-home assistance?

When your caregiving exceeds the family’s ability to manage a relatives chronic illness, impairment, or handicap. In particular, you may want to consider professional home care if you see the following indicators:

  • Unexplained weight loss
  • Disheveled appearance
  • Memory loss, dementia, or increased confusion
  • Suspicious bruising – possibly from falling while alone
  • Signs of excessive drinking
  • Signs of loneliness or depression
  • Unsafe driving
  • Forgetting to take prescribed medication


Why do you offer attorney services?

There are two types of Powers of Attorney that are often used and should be executed while an aging parent has the mental capacity to sign the legal documents. They are a HealthCare Power of Attorney (for medical decisions) and a Durable Power of Attorney (for financial decisions.) If these documents are not in place, the Probate Court can be petitioned to appoint a guardian, conservator of both.

We have an on-staff attorney who can help with these documents at a reduced rate. You can also contact the South Carolina Bar Association which will help you get in touch with an attorney to provide a 30 minute consultation for $50.00. These important forms are available on the Internet but are not considered valid unless properly signed and witnessed.

Do you provide services in facilities?

Yes. We provide caregiving services in local hospitals, assisted living facilities and nursing homes.

Will Medicare cover this care?

Medicare does not reimburse for the type of ongoing, personal care in which we specialize. Long Term Care Insurance covers home care services when the client is eligible and has purchased a policy that includes home care services. If your parent served in the military, or is the spouse of a veteran, they may qualify for federal assistance. We can direct you to the proper agency to help determine eligibility.